Follow the below mentioned guidelines before submitting your application for attestation/apostille:
All original documents requiring attestation or apostille should be first authenticated by the designated agencies in the State from where the document has been issued.
- In case of personal documents, Home Department/General Administration Department are the designated authorities.
- In case of educational documents, the documents should first be authenticated by the Education Department of the concerned State Government/Union Territory. The Ministry of External Affairs attests the documents on the basis of the signature of the designated signing authorities of the State Government/Union Territory/Chambers of Commerce; hence it does not take responsibility of the contents of the documents.
- Commercial Documents are to be pre-authenticated by the respective Chambers of Commerce before these can be attested by the Ministry of External Affairs.
Supporting documents required for MEA Attestation/Apostille
- All original documents that needs to be attested / apostilled
- Photo copy of the documents to be attested.
- Photocopy of the Passport of applicant.